Why is the title “About Us,” when this blog is about only one person? I know you were thinking it.
I have four kids now.
- My only daughter is 17, Sarah.
- The eldest son is 14, Thomas.
- The middle boy is 12, Elijah.
- The youngest is 10, Samuel.
We are 5 strong. I think I have enough for my very own Nascar pit crew. I am so proud of my kids, and love spending time together as a family.
In the summer of 2008, we relocated to the Central Coast of California. What a great move that has been! Our family fell in love with what is now our local church, Element Church, and it has proven to be exactly where the Lord wanted us to plant some roots.
A reverse chronology of my life, (still in progress):
2016…Finally arrived at a healthy weight again. Note: Leukemia is the best/worst weight loss program.
2014…had a bone marrow transplant on July 4th
2013…diagnosed with AML, leukemia. (I have a giant series of posts in the “Leukemia” category that detail this journey.)
2009…learned some things the hard way!
2007…became obsessed and in love with photography.
1998…got married, one of the greatest blessings of my life.
1994…graduated high school.
1993…visited Zimbabwe, that’s in Africa.
1992…visited Ecuador, that’s in South America.
1988…last time the Dodgers won the World Series. Hey! It’s important to me.
My growing list of things about me:
1. When I was 6 years old, I asked for an Encyclopedia set for Christmas.
2. Before I was 10 years old I had read it, all of it.
3. I am an Eagle Scout.
4. I have a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.
5. I read the Bible.
6. I was on the Price is Right, and won every level up to the “Showcase Showdown.”
7. I can read Koine Greek.
8. On February 14, 2007, I popped my first button. Yes, I needed to loose some weight.
9. I am a proud member of my generation, the first to be able to kick our kids’ butts on our video game systems.
10. The Sniper can beat you at Lego Star Wars, any edition.
11. I like to take photographs.
12. Combining all the things I’ve learned while spending hordes of time on the internet, could equal a graduate level degree. The problem is that there’s nothing to call it.
I blog, on occasion:
I am a photographer:
All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. Text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.