You know, Thanksgiving is a lot of things to a lot of people. For many it’s about getting to relax with the family and eat, eat, eat. For others it’s about seeing “the game”. Of course there are others who don’t share our interest in Thanksgiving; foreigners & sometimes native Americans. Well, I’m not interested in the age old arguing over who was here first, blah, blah.
I’m interested in taking this American holiday at face value and being thankful for what the Lord has done for me.
So, I’m thankful for:
- being saved, by grace, through Christ’s death and resurrection. I’m thankful that I don’t have to “do” things to earn it, since there’s no way possible that I can.
- being cared for by my Lord, who supplies for my needs, etc.
- having a great wife who cares for me, working to manage and care for our children.
- being blessed with 4 healthy children.
- having a job that is dependable and fruitful enough to allow me to provide for the needs of my family.
- having an extended family that, for the most part, cares for us and prays for our welfare.
What are you thankful for?